Thursday, November 5, 2009

Road Trip - Goin' North


Again for work I had to travel, this time to Vancouver, BC - yes CANADA. Since it's logistically impossible to get help with Dylan while Ryan is at work and school we realized Ryan would have to take the week off as well and decided if he wasn't going to be working he and Dyl should be with me! Besides, Ryan only had 13 (now 11) states left to visit and had never been to Canada so it could check off two states, one province and one new country. We headed out on Friday afternoon, Oct 16 and made it to Boise only 4 hours of 14 but we got some rest and went to Seattle the next day. It's slow going with little Dylan, he is really good but we have to take some breaks and let him play. We arrived in Seattle around 7pm and checked into a very nice Renaissance Hotel just a few blocks from Pikes Place. We walked down the steep city hill looking for someplace to eat and ended up at McDonalds - it amazes me how much Ryan can eat McDonalds! We didn't stay out long since it was kind of chilly and rainy but it was so beautiful, I really do love that weather. I know everyone says I would get sick of it but I'm not so sure about that...The next morning we went back down to Pikes Place to get the fresh little doughnuts I had been raving about since my last visit, they are to delicious to describe. Although as my ever-practical Ryan pointed out the whole experience probably contributes to their actual tastiness - whatever. After walking through the main touristy area of Seattle we were off again. Dylan fell right to sleep but those pesky border guards woke him up!

Dylan is a talented photographer...


We arrived at our hotel in Vancouver that afternoon around 3pm and pretty much just hung out in the room resting and letting Dylan expend as much energy as possible. I was up bright at early to head to my training session by 7AM. Ryan and Dylan mostly stayed at the hotel, watching toons and building forts like pictured below, Ryan says they were for Dylan but we all know the truth! There was also a massive mall next door where they went to play each day. Dylan was fighting a cold and it was pretty chilly so it was best to keep him inside when possible. We went downtown two nights and on our way out we did the loop drive through downtown during the day, including beautiful Stanley Park and the gorgeous bay. Did I mention I love this weather??


I don't know what's going on with the lights but it's very urban

This is Dylan literally hanging off the pier where he learned to say 'boat'

Stanley Park - how can you not love this fall weather?!

1 comment:

Abi said...

amazing road trip. i am excited for ours one day. we love you guys more than we thought we could. ha ha.