Thursday, April 22, 2010

**SLC 5K**


Last weekend I ran the Salt Lake 5K with my neighbor and SIL Kristi. Thanks to all the support at the finish line, mostly Abi since Ryan didn't even see me cross - his excuse? "I thought you would be at least 5 more minutes" ... hmmm sucks when his excuse is actually a compliment that I did well! WHICH I DID! I am not a person who 'loves' running or ever really focuses on improving my time but I did have a goal of running the entire time and getting somewhere in the 12 min. mile, I know SO SLOOOOW but I have been running about 13 min. miles at home so would be happy with anything faster than that...and I AM HAPPY because I did it in 10:59 miles! So now I have a time and will improve on it for the next race which happens to be for this fine lady and her family on May 8th http://trudeestribe.blogspot.com/.
This guy also ran his personal best completing the half marathon in just 1h 28 min, yep that's 6:40 miles for 13 miles - AMAZING!

1 comment:

Abi said...

I am so proud of you! And I love that you know how it feels now to feel love addiction for the finish line!