Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WARNING: Baby talk ahead...

WARNING: Let me begin by saying I understand that not everyone is interested in the details of my pregnancy and baby. I understand that you can go about your business without a second thought as to what might be happening with the Thomas baby, an occasional update is more than sufficient! I try to not make it all about me or my baby BUT you have been fairly warned that this post is about nothing BUT the baby, feel free to skim I will try to minimize the details. :)

Yesterday was the BIG ultrasound and we found out we are having a BOY!! It is so exciting!! In addition to this fantastic news they confirmed that he is healthy and growing right on schedule. Below is the ultrasound where at about 1min you can hear the heartbeat coming in at 158, perfectly healthy. They also monitored the brain and heart chambers and measured the abdomen, head, legs, arms, etc. to ensure he was growing properly, again right on track. He is approximately 13 ounces and 8 inches long which confirms my due date of August 11th. AND he already has a mind of his own!! He had no interest in showing us his face yesterday, he was facing my back and no matter how I moved or the tech tried to move him he was determined to stay there! We only got a few shots to confirm he will of course be one handsome little fella!!

Thanks Jim, Florence and Michael for coming ~ it was so much fun to have you there!

25sec - top of head with two little fists up by the face
53sec - spine and side view, the tech zooms in on his heart the black spot that is rapidly beating
1min55sec - top view of the head, arm and legs in the background
3min45sec - It's a boy!
4min12sec - Front view of face and chest
4min20sec - 3D shots, he's not really cooperating but facing left you can see the head, arm, legs and back
4min57sec - feet




I couldn't wait to get something for him so we bought him his first rockin' onsie...


We also bought his crib last Saturday - so much fun shopping to do!!



NAMES: Right now we are considering James Dylan or James Ethan, but we probably won't decide until he is here!

21 comments:

~Lauren said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited you gonna have a BOY! He is destined to be gorgeous with all the cute genes you and Ryan will be passing on! Warning: Prepare youself to be peed on ALOT! Although all the cuddles make up for the peeing so it's all good! I have no doubt you guys will make awesome parents! I love both the names..I can't wait for the Thomas baby shower!

Ashlii Brooke said...

WAHOO!!!! Rubie totally has a crush on him already. She just told me...thats how I know.

Beth said...

Thanks Lauren - for the compliments and the warning! ;-)

Ashlii I think we are going to have to keep our eye on these two...trouble on the way!! :D

Monica said...

Congratulations! Boys are a lot of fun. Of course, I don't know anything else! I am so excited for you.

JUST BE... said...

Congrats!! That is so fun. Love the names.

Stephanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! That is great news! I am so excited for you. I love my boy. Everyone tells me that boys are better because they aren't as emotional. :) I love hearing baby talk so feel free to do that all the time.

The Busby Family said...

Love the names, I'm so excited for you guys. Another boy in the family. So many grandsons, and Dad says every time it's a girl. He's so funny. Anyway, we are so excited, James and Sawyer will be really close in age. I love the onsie and the crib. awsome guys.

Rue said...

Little Boys ROCK!!! We are so excited for you two!!! - Heather

Abi said...

I am so effin excited. And come on . . .who really isn't interested in your baby? If they are checking your blog then they better be interested! Because that is what is going on with you! I am so excited! James Dylan or Ethan ROCKS! Oh I love him already!

Jill said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! I love having a little boy. He is so much fun. Lauren is definitely right about the pee. Although, the wall next to the changing table took the brunt of Eli's accidents. For some reason his pee always shot that direction. I guess most guys weiners tend to lean one direction don't they? Anyway, don't ever apologize for talking about the baby! We can never hear enough. It is so exciting!!!! Love the names too!

Beth said...

Ah you guys are awesome!! Thanks for all the comments, it made my day :D xoxox

Heidi said...

I think I'm an expert at finding the wiener in the ultrasound. I told the ultrasound teck I was having a boy before he could tell me. I could recognize your baby's junk pretty early in the video. Cute baby!!

Belnap Family said...

How fun! I'm excited for you! I have one of each, boy and girl, so I'm an expert. J/k. They are both fun, but boys are easier. There's a lot of pee talk here, so I have to share that one time Ethan's pee shot right in his own eyes! So sad. I think it stung. Loved watching the ultrasound!!

Marge said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Secretly, well not so anymore, I really wanted a boy only because I wasn't sure what I'd do with a girl. (so far we are all surviving). I'm so excited for you and Ryan. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Bethy boo!!!!! It's Alisha Crowson....think layton Olive Garden a million years ago! I can' believe I found your blog after all this time! I am sitting here at my computer crying! I am SO happy for you and Ryan! What a neat thing! We FINALLY got our litte miracle baby after 8 years of marriage too! He is the greatest thing I have ever done with my life! I can't wait to catch up with you!
Crowson.1@hotmail.com

~Lauren said...

So...I was thinking about your cute baby names and I'm going to coin a pre-nickname (call me a little slow if you already realized this before me) if you use James Ethan..His initials will be JET!! OMG :) That is such a cute nickname I LOVE IT :)!!

Beth said...

Heidi you are a pro on everything boys at this point!! ;)

Kim - that is such a great, yet sad, story about Ethan!! I love to hear everyones little boy stories!

Thanks Marge we are excited too!!

Alisha - I just emailed you but I am so glad you emailed me!!!

Lauren you are not slow but yes JET is one of the reasons I love the name Ethan - isn't that the greatest nickname? I am glad you love it too, Ryan thinks I am a nerd :)

Jenn said...

beth-
you are such a cutie. And adorable pregnant. It's fun to see your page. It looks like you're just as amazing as you were 10 years ago. (I still have the notes we wrote in Interior Designs...) Good luck with a newborn. (Mine is now 2 months old and as soon as you get it down, you can give me some advice. I'll still be in need when the time comes...)
-jenn (hess) cunningham

Melissa said...

Beth! I loved seeing your ultrasound. Thanks for sharing. How do you get a digital recording of it? Must be something that hasn't hit TN yet. Congratulations! It's so fun to have a baby, and I am so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to see you in July in all your prego glory!

April said...

Hey Beth! It's April (dunford) Stettler! Congrats on the upcoming baby! That is so exciting!!! Boys are so much fun! You look so good! Fun to catch up and see how you guys are doing!!

Johnny and Angela Dayton said...

Congratulations! Babies are so much fun!!! We are excited for you to be parents.