Friday, June 19, 2009

Laughter & Tears

This last week has been a roller coaster! More accurately it has been a big down swoop with one short lived peak in the middle... Poor little Dylan as been incredibly sick and it has been so hard for all of us! He started getting sick last Wednesday and proceeded to have a fever and was unable to keep anything down for three days. It was unreal, he could not even move, hold up his head or anything. He just laid there, wouldn't even look at you, toys, the TV... It was honestly heart breaking! He started moving around a bit Saturday and no longer had a fever after Friday. Sunday he broke out into a rash so we were back in the Dr. office Monday, he had Roseola. He also had a sore throat and we went back to the Dr. for some tests on Wednesday, after lots of tests we at least know it's not Strep, RSV or Influenza. Fortunately, he is finally feeling better this week, although his energy and appetite are slow catching up. I have new sympathy for everyone who has had sick kids, it's so incredibly draining and stressful! Here are a couple of phone pics on the day he started getting more active again... I LOVE this scowl, it says it all!



On to those few hours of fun in the middle? JOEL MCHALE! This could not have come at a better time, we needed the laugh and he brought it! I don't think anyone has kept me laughing so consistently for so long. He is a comedic genius! I mean really how can you not laugh at this??

4 comments:

Angelle said...

Poor Dylan! That sounds like a total nightmare! Nothing is worse than sick kids. His scowl is still so cute!

mama fish said...

Sick kids are the worst! I have had my fair share of that in the last six years. Knock on wood, we have been on a healthy streak lately. Even though it's really not fun, it makes you enjoy happy, healthy days even more. Glad you got to go to see the show, he is sooo funny!

The Busby Family said...

Poor Dylan, so sorry he got so sick. I'm so glad he is feeling better and you can relax now. We miss you guys!

Jenn said...

I can't laugh at this picture- I totally saw a college student up here at USU who was FLAMING! Tight pants, why do boys wear them? And he was just awful to look at! (yeah, this is probably a little homophobic sounding. I'm not, it is just unattractive to me...)