Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Road Trip ~ Part III

I know you all thought we were done with this but it's really just beginning!

After work was over Thursday afternoon I finally got to enjoy some of the fun too. We decided to try something new and drive home the "northern" route. What exactly does that mean?? 2300 miles is what that means!! We left Friday morning and took our time driving up the coast toward Solvang, an adorable little Danish town a few hours South-West of Fresno. We drove on PCH for awhile but the traffic was making Ryan a little crazy, seriously not the most patient driver! Here is a great clip of Dylan's first windows-down experience as we drove ever so slowing through Malibu.
Dylan's progression of silliness....

We also stopped at the visitors center for the Channel Islands in Ventura. We didn't really have time to do any excursions and enjoy the islands so we just spent some time at the beach to release some energy. Dylan started getting pretty brave with the water but overall thought it was just too cold!

He is telling that water to back off - and then he decides to go get it! Look at that face!!

I love that we are making the same face in this one.

Finally feeling the water, he approves!

After a few more hours in the car we were finally in Solvang. It is so pretty there! I really love it! Here is Dylan being a very serious Danish soldier and he and I are pretty convincing little Danish people with this cutout, oh wait no, he isn't even in a head spot! haha so funny... Being true to a European town we were unable to really eat here, it was between lunch and dinner but luckily we barely caught a little bakery that was still open and stocked up before hitting the road again. Oh and did I mention we passed an ostrich farm!? Coolest looking thing - I wish I had taken pictures!




We followed the coast for quite a while and ate in Pismo Beach, I am determined to go back here it was one of my favorite spots on the trip! We headed inland through the rolling hills and vineyards, so beautiful! We even drove through "James Dean Memorial Junction" -- touching.

I can't even tell you how much I loved this drive, it was so peaceful and serene. **sigh**

2 comments:

Krissy said...

So awesome! I love all your cute pictures! You are so blessed to have such a chill little baby - Mikade freaked from just a three hour car ride to Idaho - it pains him to have to sit still :/

Jill said...

Those are the most adorable pictures! You guys are such fun parents!