Wednesday, July 23, 2008

10 Years of Change

It’s amazing to me that 10 years have passed since Ryan and I graduated from Davis High School. With our reunion last weekend I was thinking about all the things we have done and changes that have taken place since that day when we stepped into the “real world”. Sometimes I feel like I haven’t changed at all!! I have so many opportunities to revert to the “high school” version of myself. I credit that partially to the fact that we are still so close to many of our high school friends, we have so much fun together! I love that while we are fairly responsible and professional in our 9-5 lives the moment we get together that’s all out the window… Even though I feel like I have changed very little the evidence suggests otherwise! Even watching the slideshow at the reunion we looked like little kids in high school!! I think this impact will be even greater at our 20 year but until then some proof of change in the last 10 years…

Sports Cars become SUVs


First apartments become first homes



First jobs become "grown up" careers



The old DHS became the new DHS



Hours of school work become hours of yard/house work



All night parties become “just dinner” or maybe some video games at home



Rambunctious puppies become lazy dogs



And I know that list will grow when we have a baby!!! All in all the changes are great, it's fun to grow up as long as you can still be a kid sometimes!

Speaking of here are a few pics I had scanned in from HS...








10 comments:

Marge said...

Great 10 years in review. I'm in that halloween dance picture with CHRIS, at first I was like who is that guy but then I figured it out. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Belnap Family said...

What a funny post!! I'm sure you already know, but as soon as you have that kid, you will feel all "grown up" too. It's crazy how we all became old moms. (I still pretend like I am 21 though) :) I can't believe you only have 13 days!!!!!!

Krissy said...

Oh man, Beth! You crack me up! I love how you added Sasha and Capri! "Rambunctious puppies become lazy dogs." So funny! It is crazy how fast the last ten years has gone - and its scary to think that the next ten years will go by even faster! It seems like people with older kids are always saying "I feel like my kids were babies just yesterday." Yikes! We are all almost 30, but in reality - 40 is just around the corner too! Ha, ha - yeah, I went there ;) Hey, the last ten years has been great, and the next ten will probably be even better! It's awesome that we have grown up together and now our kids will grow up together too! I think having kids is really living! It's so much fun. Although, I have to say, sometimes I feel like a teenager with a baby! Ha, ha! I think it's great that we are all still good friends. Like you said it's awesome that we still have plenty of opportunities to revert back to our HS versions! - Although, honestly, I don't think there is much reverting for me - I seriously don't think I have changed much! But, that's what's most fun right!!! Thanks for making me all nostalgic over the great HS pictures! Great post! So funny! Love ya!

Monica said...

I love that post. It is crazy how so much time can pass and so much can change, but we still feel like the same kids that we were 10 or 15years ago. I'm with Kimberly, except in my mind I will always be 23- I really liked that age!

Jenn said...

beth, you're cute. what a fun post. I love how fun you are. I can't wait to see your posts as a new mommy. :)

The Busby Family said...

Wow beth, that is so cute, I love the pictures especially of ryan's old car. I love your long hair in the last picture. So cute.

Jill said...

We are all getting so old aren't we? I really don't think I would go back to being high school age again if you paid me. Life is seriously so much better now.

Celeste said...

That was a great post! I loved all the old pics!

~Lauren said...

Hilarious! I'm still laughing:) I can't believe how much time has changed everyone..WOW! THANK GOD for school dance photos! I can say that with complete relief since I'm not in those HAHA:)! Biggest improvement in order A)Your choice in men..who the hell was your date for the halloween dance?! B) The house from the firts apartment..WOW..Ivan and I like to call that particular style the "dutch design" C) The Car..back then it's whatever gets you around..and now it's all about they style of car:) We won't go into the car my parents MADE me drive then..trust me if you didn't know what it was..I did that on purpose for good reason! I swear no matter how much times have changed...a couple things I'll NEVER do- 1)Wear "MoM Jeans" 2)Drive any kind of Van....You can hold me to that!

Alex, Chelsea, and Tessa said...

Old pictures are always a hit...