Monday, July 14, 2008

Safari Baby Shower & the Finished Nursery

I really have the greatest family and friends!!
Last weekend Ryan's mom and sisters threw me an awesome "safari baby" shower. They obviously put so much work into it and everything was fantastic!! Thanks so for planning such a fun party and thanks to everyone who came to visit and celebrate with me! We played some games and even did a charity project to send dolls to kids in Africa (GREAT idea by the way!). Florence also made this awesome diaper cake full of things we really need, it turned out so cute and must have taken so much time, I love it! For favors my sister, sister-in-law and mom made the cute frog cupcakes and zebra and bear cookies, they turned out adorable. It was also nice to have the kids there to test things out for us; Mikade approved the toys while Maiki tested the car seat and new books.

Thanks for everyones generous gifts I think we are finally set and it is confirmed that this will be one spoiled kid!!






More great news.... the nursery is done! Ryan finished all the details and our rocker was delivered last week. It turned out PERFECT!! So in addition to my awesome family and friends I have one incredible husband, he did everything exactly how I envisioned it.
Thanks Ryan!! XOXOX









This cradle is a family heirloom Grandpa made for my mom when she was expecting my little brother, it will be so nice to have him sleeping in our room those first few weeks. Ryan's Grandma Powell made the adorable bear blanket that matches the bedding perfectly!



9 comments:

Heidi said...

Too cute!

Stephanie said...

SO SO CUTE!! I love it. Good job Ryan!! Sorry we couldn't make it to this shower either. We'll come visit when you have the little guy.

Monica said...

It sounds like your baby shower went great- hopefully you got a lot of things that you will be able to use! I love your nursery, it looks so cute! I like all of the neutral tones, and I love the light fixtures above the crib.

Abi said...

oh man I am so excited for you guys. i love it! and aren't you so relieved to have it put together and done? woo wee! okay really REALLY when do you want to come over for dinner? We are so open this week! love you

{jen} iCandyhandmade said...

Such a cute nursery. It is so much fun to decorate. I am so excited for you guys. I noticed you got the bugaboo - you will love it.

Jill said...

I LOVE the cute little cradle! What an awesome family heirloom. The nursery turned out great! I especially love the paint color.

Jenn said...

I love your nursery. You look so prepared! GOOD LUCK!!!

Celeste said...

The nursery is so awesome! I love the cradle! A few weeks sleeping next to us has turned into a lot longer! I miss her when she's far away! haha You'll know soon enough!

Annie said...

With all of your planning I'm amazed the nursery wasn't finished months ago. =D
Everything is seriously perfect! I can't wait to see the little guy enjoying all of his cool stuff, as well as his perfect home (and parents).