Sunday, December 7, 2008

Let the festivities begin...

I wasn't very good at taking pictures on Thanksgiving Day but I did get a few of Dylan helping me cook! We had a busy morning making homemade rolls, spinach dip and sweet potato casserole (the best recipe from Ruth's Chris - it's like candy!). This is Dylan learning how to play with the spatula, I say learning because gagged himself a few times at first. This sequence explains it all...isn't that such a sad face!



To get in the Christmas spirit we went to the Old World Market last week in Salt Lake. It was pretty small but I think it's a great idea and this was their first year. We bought Dylan an adorable new hat! After parking at the Gateway we took Trax to the Gallivan Center and then walked down Main Street to Temple Square. It was so fun and festive and Dylan was SUCH a good boy, he really loves being outside!! Along the way we stopped at Lambs Grill Cafe for hot chocolate. I had never been here but it's awesome! I really want to go back and eat there sometime. It's the oldest restaurant in Utah and it really feels like you step back in time, I loved it!


2 comments:

Marge said...

NICE HAT! I rather prefer to note that your little man looks like Ralphie's little brother Randy from the movie Christmas Story (mom gets him all bundled up so he can barely move and then he says he has to pee!). He looks handsome. Lamb's Grill is awesome. Most recently we went for my grandmother's 80th birthday party. They have a man that plans piano (not sure if he is there every night) and he even played Happy Birthday so we could all sing. Good food too.

Jill said...

Dylan always has the cutest hats. He is just so darling!