Wednesday, January 13, 2010

And then THEY were thirty...

**Disclaimer - this picture is a joke, Ryan doesn't rock this look - but he could!

I cannot tell you how much Ryan has enjoyed the last 4 months 'in his twenties' while I was way up there 'in my thirties'. He has always had fun teasing me during this short time period where we are different ages, even though technically I am always older than him, but this year was especially fun... for him! It doesn't help that I was born in the 70s and he the 80s, but that does make me oh-so-much-cooler than him, right?!? I mean come on, the 70s?? Regardless there is little defense for "How does it feel to be in your 30s? I feel so great in my 20s!" and "Do you remember that? It was in the 70s? That was the decade before I was born so I don't remember it at all!" [mind you this event was typically not something that happened after September of 1979] and so on... But now I get 8 months of peace while we are the 'same' age - meaning we are equally old, or is it young? Regardless we both agree that we don't feel that much different than we did when we turned 20 or 25 so what's the big deal? The big deal is that it's a BIRTHDAY and you all know how much I LOVE Birthdays!

If you remember I had a big party on my 30th, not because I necessarily wanted one for myself but I did want a big party and my birthday was the perfect excuse! What a night - I loved it! This is where we are so different, Ryan's idea of the perfect birthday? Dinner with the fam. Something we do almost every night anyway. Even when a friend asked to watch Dylan (thanks Abi) Ryan declined, he is so in love with Dylan - what an awesome dad!

We went to one of his favorite restaurants, Thai Siam. If you haven't been there or it's been a while - GO! I don't know how they could make it better but they did, deeelicious!! Dylan even enjoyed some Calamari, it seems he thought it was more fun than tasty but whatever it takes to make that boy eat, playing in a ramekin of water and eating sticky rice right off the spoon.


Happy Birthday RyRy - My love for you is ageless
(...as long as you're still hot of course!)

2 comments:

Alex, Chelsea, and Tessa said...

I think when I am 30 we will have flying cars, and our currency will be hugs...

I'm kidding-we will probably not have flying cars. Tell Ryan Happy B-day! Mostly from Alex, since he has a crush on him.

Marge said...

I love the 'as long as your still hot of course' line. I can't believe we are all 30 - where did the time fly. seriously we are all grow'd up - it is just strange to me. great post beth.