Thursday, December 2, 2010

**Happy Turkey Day**

Ryan hates it when people say "Happy Turkey Day"

Especially because to him it is all about the PIE!


Usually I make homemade rolls and Ruth's Chris sweet potatoes but this year I wanted to try something new. So because the PIE is the most important part to Ryan I decided to give it a go! Florence was very happy (thank you!) to help me that morning by teaching me her secrets to homemade crust and sharing her delicious apple and peach fillings.

She and Dylan cut out the crust accents, because of course making it pretty is essential!





Pretty right?
I made an apple, peach, 2 pumpkin and a pecan just for my mom!


Dylan was really excited about something...

...it must not have been the food!

Thanks so much for hosting mom and Anna everything was absolutely delicious! Curt and Brittany did a fantastic job with the Turkey -
after all it is Turkey Day!


**********************
This CRAZY boy - and I do mean crazy, he was hilariously out of control all evening - fell asleep on the way home at 7PM and therefore was up from 3-4:30AM SO HUNGRY and still HILARIOUS!

(The pic on the right is like he is giving himself a crusty "quit making silly faces you fool!")


A lesson in Pie Etiquette

I didn't eat much pie and on Friday wanted to at least try these two, so I cut a sliver (straight across) off the pumpkin and ate the corner of the apple.
TWO MAJOR PIE FAUX PAS or so I learned.

Ryan was shocked and appalled. Seriously, I got in big trouble! Neither approach followed the proper way of cutting a pie. Even though Ryan will eat AN ENTIRE pie WITHOUT a plate in RECORD TIME he eats it in the appropriate slice shape and size, no "going at it like some kind of animal!"

...lesson learned...

**Happy Pie Day**

No comments: