Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Numero Uno

A few years ago we started the tradition of celebrating Christmas with my family the Sunday before the actual holiday. Genius! It removes the pressure of a single day where you need to see everyone and be everywhere, we love it. We do dinner and gifts and really get to enjoy the time without having to run to the next house or feel guilty that we aren't doing it all. Genius!

This year Curtis and Brittany were our fantastic hosts! They made a delicious meal, I mean DELICIOUS chicken fricasse. And had quite the spread of snacks and treats. After absolutely stuffing ourselves we opened presents, lots of presents! My mom went a little crazy this year but we aren't complaining.

I love this shot. It started as a totally random moment but I made Ryan re-do for a picture, then the camera wouldn't focus so it took a long time and got pretty awkward!

Dylan fell asleep on the way there so he slept through dinner and you can see in the first few pics that he was a bit cranky from just waking up. Also, he insisted on wearing the tie - so cute!

As part of his crankiness he did not like the sound and feel of ripping the wrapping paper.

Ryan insisted I sit on his lap to open our joint present,
he's so in love with me!

Anna has been dying for an excuse to get Dylan this ladybug.
It's adorable and he loves it!

The bubble choo choo train has been on pretty much non-stop since Dylan got it Sunday. If you have been to my house you can attest to this, NON-STOP!
He loves the train and I love the pics...


I also love his efforts to play with everything at once! In the sled from grandma, playing with the train from grandma and wearing monkey from Curtis & Brittany. At one point the ladybug was in there too but it was collecting too much soap.

My mom made us these awesome aprons.
Don't we look fantastically domestic?

We're so happy grandpa and grandma came this year!
Dylan is thanking them for the cozy hoodie, he's such a sweetie.

This is the book we read the ENTIRE way home, over and over.
Like I mentioned in a previous post - constant sugar high!

Thanks everyone for all the thoughtful and generous gifts.
We had a wonderful night!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh my gosh Beth, he is just the cutest thing ever. That bubble train looks like it is never ending fun. Hilarious.