Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Save it for 01.01.11...

I know it's a bit early to post what I have learned this year but I have reached my capacity in both heart and mind. I am making the conscious decision to not learn anything else for the remaining 17 days - I'm out!

* I have no problem bribing Dylan, that's just the kind of mom I am! Especially if I want him to eat. No guilt here!

* It's ok to open myself up a bit. I'm not made of stone so why do I act like it? I think this change has been evident in some of my blog posts. It makes me happy.

* I really am not made of stone! I do get hurt, I feel disappointment and pain. I have accepted that this doesn't make me weak, it makes me real. I try not to deny my feelings anymore.

* Being more open is a risk, it can be a big one, I am more susceptible to pain but it's a risk worth taking - that's the real lesson, it's worth it!

* I am too materialistic, I always have been and in the end things are just things. They provide no substance, no stability and in fact can be just the opposite. I'm not saying that selling my home and car weren't hard but I'm learning a lot from some of my more irresponsible decisions. I just hope I don't forget, why do we forget what we have already learned, often the hard way, so easily!?

* I absolutely love being a mom! I wasn't always confident that this would be the case but I do, love it, to pieces.

* It's ok to make selfish decisions. To look out for me and my family even if it's not the popular choice or doesn't make everyone happy.

* Dark wood floors do not pair well with light haired pups!

* Back in 1922 anti-Mormonism was all the rage in Britain - in a theatrical and funny way! Original movie info and remake trailer.

* I know more stories about Utah History than anyone reading this, but still only half as many as Ryan.

* Despite all my professed emotions I am incredibly grounded and rational, most of the time this is a good thing but sometimes not so much.

* I love swimming. Love, love, love it! Not just hanging out at the pool but working hard, swimming miles. It's not only my favorite cardio but it clears my head too.

* Next year my resolutions will be more substantial, not just goals for personal accomplishment.

* Posting things like this makes me feel vulnerable, but that is real too.

...And I'm out...

No comments: