Friday, February 22, 2008

Flowers, Fence, Family and Sunshine soon to be had…

First of all Ryan got me the MOST BEAUTIFUL flowers for Valentines day! Look at this… I love them so much. He got them from our friends at Linger Floral you should check them out!

















Second our fence is COMPLETE! It’s so nice to let the dogs out to play on their own, especially in this cold weather. The funny thing is they don’t quite understand their new-found freedom yet and always want you to be out there with them. The first day we had it Ryan was throwing a ball for Sasha and they were able to stay on top of the snow because it was completely frozen but when Sasha went to push off she sunk her back leg in and twisted it somehow. I felt so bad for her! She limped for a few days and had a hard time with the stairs but is doing much better now. It’s sad to see her hurt because it makes her seem old, she will be 8 in October which is getting up there. I really think dogs should have the EXACT same life span as their owners! Capri on the other had is still not sure about the snow and pretty much just follows Sasha around the yard, she hasn’t been out in the cold much. It’s especially funny now that it’s starting to melt and she sinks, she sticks it out but I don’t think she really loves it yet. Next is grass I guess! That will definitely cut down on the mess!!




Our poor little nephew Lincoln has had a hard couple of weeks! You can catch up on the details in his blog but long story short he had an ear infection and then what they thought were chicken-pox and it turns out he had an allergic reaction to the medicine for his infection. The pictures make me so sad! He is still trying to smile though, what a tough kid!!

My mom and sister came to visit over the long weekend. It was fun to have EVERYONE together!! We went to dinner and did A LOT of shopping! We had everyone over Sunday for dinner and games too. Anna dedicated a lot of her time mastering Guitar Hero, an important SKILL for young and old alike if you ask me! Monday we went up to the new Salomon Center in Ogden for lunch at the Pizza Factory (yummers!) and some miniature golf. It was a fun weekend, THANKS for coming down!

And finally, I am SO excited, we are going to escape this gloomy winter BIG TIME!! We are going to Hawaii with friends Cole & Ashlii who we went to Europe with last year! I can’t wait and wish it were SOONER ~ I guess April will have to do! YES I am fully aware that I will be 6 months pregnant and Ryan didn’t hesitate to make sure I was ok going when I will be SUPERFAT(what a sweetie!) but I can hardly wait, it can’t come soon enough if you ask me! In planning things for our getaway I found some fun pictures of our previous trips to Hawaii. We were lucky, in college I was working for Delta and we spent a few days after each semester RECOVERING on the warm sand of Waikiki, I even took a final from an internet café there once! At least this time we won’t be taking our own PB&J and Ramen (to cook in the coffee pot at the hotel of course) and hopefully we can eat at somewhere WITHOUT a dollar menu, traveling on a college budget (pretty much equal to ZERO) was sure a fun time!!




2 comments:

Melissa said...

cutest picture ever of you guys! Awe...the days of college Hawaii trips, I am jealous that you get to relive a bit(Celeste will be too). We'll make it again, ooo...maybe I should plan a surprise trip for Todd? Then he might kill me...but it'd sure be fun. Don't worry, pregnant vacations are always needed. You'll have fun. TTYL!

Krissy said...

Awe! Cute picture! You look so young. I'm so excited for you to go to Hawaii. I love it there!