Monday, February 25, 2008

Let's talk Oscar...

Typically I would spend this morning talking to my fellow movie-lovers at work about The Academy Awards. The speeches, the clothing, the performances, the injustice and the deserving. Working from home really changes that dynamic so I guess instead I will talk to you... which is really just me, talking to myself...This is going to be a short conversation!

There are so many things I loved about this years Oscars...

Kristin Chenoweth, isn't she awesome!? She is super hot and so talented. We saw her in Wicked in NYC a couple of years ago and she was incredible! I was so happy to see her perform last night.













Daniel Day Lewis, there was no beating this guy! His performance in There Will Be Blood could absolutely not be outdone. Sadly for Tommy Lee Jones, Johnny Depp and George Clooney, who were all in great movies, this had to be Lewis's year.







I am so glad that Juno got one award for their nominations. It was such an awesome movie and you have to love Ellen Page.












Once has been on my list for ages, but I haven't seen it yet. After seeing these two I will have to watch it right away!










People like this make the night for me!! I love John Stewart he is a great host, and really Steve Carrell can do no wrong...

2 comments:

Krissy said...

After watching The Oscars I became aware to the sad reality that I don't see enough movies! I still have not seen Juno - I want to so bad. But, I have to say I freaking love TiVo - Definitely come in handy when watching The Oscars! Nice to speed past the bla, bla bla!

Abi said...

I loved the awards show. It was so much fun and I was so happy about the winners. Especially the song of the year. WOW! And I am so glad juno won something. It deserves it!!