Tuesday, February 5, 2008

TV... Come Back...

I don't know about the rest of you but I am more than ready for this whole strike to be over! Call me selfish but I MUST be entertained!! Fortunately, some shows have started coming back and I am SO HAPPY about it!! Lost, New Adventures of Old Christine and House all have new episodes running this week... Now if we can just get The Office and 30 Rock back with the program I will get my weekly dose of laughs and all will feel right in the world again.
















EXCEPT, while I am on the topic I feel it is necessary to pay homage to perhaps the greatest sitcom of all time Arrested Development, taken sadly in it's prime! For those of you who missed the short 3 season phenomenon I highly recommend you rent it and catch up, it was genius before it's time and is greatly missed... Take some time, get to know them http://www.bluthfamily.com/





Moving on... Regardless of my former ranting TV is not my life... entirely! This weekend we also went to the movies - haha I get that's not really different. We went with Ryan's family to 27 Dresses and it wasn't ALL bad. In fact there were about 20 enjoyable minutes in the 107 minute flick, that's almost 20%! Ok I am probably being a bit overboard, we had fun it was a good family time, it just wouldn't be my first pick ;-) BUT if you are looking for a great, albeit less family comfortable for viewing movie, JUNO is excellent!! If you are a Michael Cera fan (again Arrested Development, though not my favorite role for Jason Bateman) you will especially appreciate the humor of this movie. And if you are looking for something the WHOLE family SHOULD see it would have to be Dan in Real Life - simple story, great family characters and fantastic music!



























Ok enough about MY entertainment! I also went to the Dr. yesterday and all looks great - I have my 2nd ultrasound on Thursday! They checked the babies heart rate and it was around 160 but the little one wouldn't hold still long enough for a really good read... I am taking that as a good sign I will have an active little wiggle-worm! I am posting this picture of me at 13 weeks despite my better judgment but at the request of far away friends and family - thanks a lot guys!


6 comments:

JUST BE... said...

You look so beautiful!! I am so happy for you.

Marge said...

Seriously you already look THAT pregnant! I'm kidding, you can't even tell. I am way excited for you and Ryan though. You'll hear a million things from here until the baby gets here, one thing is for certain, things will NEVER be the same (mostly in a good way but some parts are bad too). Keep us posted!

Celeste said...

I can't wait for you to start feeling the wiggling!! It started out faint to me and just keeps getting stronger! Sounds like your little one is going to be strong from the start. You look fantastic!!!

Abi said...

hot damn beth. nice rack! lol! I sure love your guts. And we really do need to chill sooner!

The Busby Family said...

You look great, so excited for you guys! Pretty soon you won't be able to bend over very good. Lincoln says hi!0 00 He thinks you look great and he is excited to have a cousin.

Love ya

Melissa said...

Beautiful and Beaming! I can't wait for you two to experience everything BABY! It's amazing and you'll be the best parents! Love the wall behind you, did you paint that?