Thursday, March 13, 2008

Boston, Freakin' cold Boston!

Last week I spent 3 days in Boston for work and I came home SO SICK! The second night I got a chest cold and it came on fast, I am blaming it entirely on this cold, wet city. Keep in mind I LOVE Boston in the summer and fall, but winter and spring? You can have it!



It didn't help that I had to get up at 4:15AM EST to catch my flight on Thursday so I was running on very little sleep. By the time I got home I was feeling terrible and running a fever. I hardly moved the entire weekend but my fever was gone by Friday afternoon. Typically I work from home so my schedule is more flexible but starting Monday I am working onsite for a client in SLC, I could have definitely used a couple more days of rest. All in all I am feeling better, luckily I have been sleeping well even without taking medication. The sad thing is now Ryan has it and he is miserable, I think it's the worst cold he has ever had! Poor guy... hopefully we will be back up and healthy after this weekend. I can't even tell you how happy I am tomorrow is Friday!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Man! That stinks that you guys are so sick. I hate all the illnesses the winter brings. Luckily spring is on its way!

Krissy said...

Oh No! Ryan got it too. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you are feeling better though.

Monica said...

It seems like when you are pregnant, colds last so much longer than normal. Have you ever watched "man cold" on you tube? It's so funny, you'll have to check it out. I don't know if it applies to Ryan, but it sure rings true in our family!!!

~Lauren said...

You know they say...great couples go through everything together...I guess that is literally the case for you and Ryan! Poor Guy :( I have to say..every time I get a cold..at some point I start feeling pissed and I think..."Medical advancements allow Dr.'s and Researchers to Clone people for GOD SAKE..WHY isn't there a cure for the common cold again?!!!!" at least with the Flu..you have that little ten-or-so minute window after Ralphing that you feel a bit of relief..such is not with the cold :( SORRY GUYS..Hope you feel better SOON (X-X that is me crossing my fingers for ya ;)WINK