Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Puppy Dog Tales....

This is our adorable Capri...causing mischief!!

We keep her in the laundry room while we are gone, with a gate instead of closing the door so she doesn't feel so trapped (yes, I attribute human emotion to animals). Well on this special Easter Sunday she escaped and proved to us once again why we have to keep her in a room instead of roaming freely with Sasha. What you see here is at least one full roll of paper towels, a legal pad and some miscellaneous papers she found. I have to wonder how long this took her and what role seemingly innocent Sasha played in the affair...


The second mess is her haircut and not technically her fault! I usually take her to a groomer but upon returning from work yesterday I was surprised to find Ryan had decided to take this on himself. What would compel him to do such a thing? I have no idea BUT he did a fantastic job and cleaned up the mess. Not to mention Capri is looking quite stunning with her new do, don’t you think!?

6 comments:

Krissy said...

Yes! That’s great! I’m so glad you shared those pictures with us. I love the picture of Capri and her mess because she has her tongue out licking her chops – looking proud like “awww…… that was tasty!” I can’t wait until its pictures of your baby making similar messes! I’m glad you are getting good experience / and you are already equipped with the baby gates too. Also, ummm…. In some form, I think you have the same rare disease as me! Anthropomorphism - I’m pretty sure attributing human emotion to animals counts!
Good on Ryan for giving Capri a hair cut too! Hope it was worth it. It reminded me of what our floor looks like when I cut Neil’s hair. Cutting Neil’s hair is like sheering a sheep

~Lauren said...

I can tell you what my exact response to both situations would have been.."OH HELL NO"! NO..NO..NO! Beth your so tolerant..and apparently forgiving :)LOL..I can easily not say the same for me..there may have to be some serious ass kissing from the dog and my husband in either case ;)WINK! I can tell you my husband knows this about me so it actually is worth the money it costs to get the dog cut! You guys are so funny! And as a message to Ryan..Capri looks fabulous..thank god you live with Beth and not Lauren! And we're wondering..was the towel ment to catch the hair?? next time you might consider just ditching it in that case! :)

Beth said...

I LOVE that she is licking her lips too!! (do dogs have lips!?!) She looks so satisfied :) And yes, if Anthropomorphism applies to animals then I have it big time!!

You crack me up Lauren, I may be more tolerant of the messes but not for long, they must be cleaned up right away! And I TOTALLY wondered the same thing about the towel...hahaha...in all reality I think he just didn't consider picking it up off the floor first. We really work differently that way, he makes WAY bigger messes when he does projects or even cooks, I usually don't understand his methods BUT since he cleans it up I don't complain, just watch in wonder!

Abi said...

what the hell doggie? that is the same thing kids do. and you'll feel the same way. and then you do put them in a room alone as well. and then you love them again. but hey you know all of this because you really have had kids forever. they just pee outside! love your guts! I am in for Saturday!

The Busby Family said...

You guys are totally ready for kids. tHis is what lincoln does every day. Mom was really tired of cleaning up his messes. SHe think he has too many toys which means more to clean up. She is probably right.

Jill said...

Aww! Capri looks so cute with her hair cut! Good job Ryan! Has he ever done that before? He is a professional! It is so funny that dogs love to rip up paper. Why is that so fun for them? I guess kids aren't that different though because Reagan takes her little kid scissors and cuts paper up into tiny pieces and has a blast doing it.