Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blaahhhgg

Photo courtesy of kaushik.net

I consistently hear the 'debates' as to why one blogs so I'm putting it out there, taking out the mystery, you will wonder no longer! About me anyway...

Simply put, I blog for me. That's it. I enjoy it, it makes me happy, it's rewarding. On many levels it makes me think. It forces me to always see the best in life, to find joy and excitement in the little things and most importantly to have them documented. I'm even making a book http://www.blurb.com/ - thanks Lisa! Without my blog I would not have a journal. I would lose the vast majority of little moments that make up life, I am so glad there is a medium that keeps me interested and consistent.

A common criticism is that many bloggers are unrealistic, they paint a pretty picture of life that is not reality. Well who wants the nitty gritty in peoples lives? I know, dumb question there is a reason people love reality television where the characters are miserable, being objectified or are simply in a bigger mess than the viewer. There is also a reason why that type of entertainment is not for me. Instead I prefer a more positive outlook on life, not that I'm always very good at it... Not only that but when I blog about the happy events and moments in my life it actually makes me happier! I am forced to reflect on different aspects of my life from a positive perspective, that's really all it is anyway, perspective.

My overall thought about the whole situation is who cares? If you enjoy reading my blog by all means read it, if you don't so be it, I am in no way offended. For those of you who are concerned by the judginess {fake word} of readers don't let it be discouraging. Really. It's your blog, it's your life and YOU get to look at it however you want! Put yourself out there emotionally, or don't. Talk about the events of your life in a positive light, or don't. Blog weekly, monthly or annually. But be true to yourself, you're in no way accountable to anyone else just because you are willing to share. But keep sharing (if you want) because I love it!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Haha, the likeness between the comic and yourself is uncanny!

Beth said...

It's the aggressive nose and soul patch, we're nearly identical!