Saturday, January 1, 2011

NYE - The Final Countdown


NYE was pretty near perfect! My mom very generously took Dyl for the night so we could go out on the town!

I don't know why I always take these pics of us driving, maybe in case I don't get anymore and they usually turn out pretty good!

First we went to Iggys' downtown for dinner (hence the near perfect and not actual perfection!) and then we went to TRON. I know I have claimed nerd before but I have a feeling my next confession will confirm my place in nerd-dom I LOVED THIS MOVIE! Seriously, it was fantastic! Even now I am trying to think of a reason that is not nerdy, like Garret Hedlund and Olivia Wilde were really hot, or Jeff Bridges performed beyond expectation...but lets be honest, I just liked it because of the total techy nerdness. I feel like understanding how lame this guy is makes me a bit less nerdy but whatever, I can't deny my true self.

After the Tron documentary we went to our hotel to thaw out a bit before heading to the Eve finale! We stayed at the Gateway Hyatt which is absolutely fantastic.

And who couldn't have the time of their life with these two?!? Serious fun right??
Yup, I've replaced by the iPad!

We went to Eve at 11PM and checked out all the crazy happenings that had been going on for three days.

Then we grabbed some hot drinks and watched the fireworks before embarrassing my sister in front of her friends.
Seriously, look at my face! Supa embarrassing!

I redeemed myself with the Ice Eskimo pose.

Fortunately on the way back we were inside the Salt Palace and could walk clear to the Delta Center (call me old school) without having to face the absolutely frigid 4 degree weather until the very last moment possible. Asleep by 1:30, we are pretty much rock stars!

Welcome 2011 ~ I have never been so excited for a fresh start!

Michael picked the evenings theme song and it's a goodie, enjoy!

No comments: