Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The perfect evening...

I had the perfect evening planned Tuesday; Sams Club, spin class and a swim. Perfection, right?? Well Ryan threw that plan right out the window! He got home about 5pm and decided we should go see Dashboard Confessional in concert. What? Spontaneous and random and SO not typical Ryan so I was all over this rare opportunity!

Of course this isn't as easy as it used to be since we have Dylan logistics but thank goodness my mom is always willing to drop what she is doing to watch him - seriously we are so lucky!! And so is Dyl he already had a fun day in the snow with Grandma T. and now he was going to play with Anna and Grandma H. --> this plan was working out great for all!!
So we sped to Murray to drop off Dyl and sped back downtown for the concert. We got there at about 6:45 to see some lame guy with even lamer hair play solo. After him was Lady Danville who were pretty good, quite clever and very entertaining.

DEDICATED: ASHLII


Next was Chris Conley from Saves the Day. A little band Cole & Ashlii introduced us to at the Crazy Donkey in NYC a few years back and one of Ashlii's favorites so this is for her...

Remember when Andy rocked it with Ben? These guys attempted to rock it with Chris when the audience requested Shoulder To the Wheel and he couldn't play it with out "the band".

Not bad but not Andy...and truthfully pretty bad! :D


Gotta love the annoying guy next to us who kept raising his bottle in front of me and spilling on everyone!


And last Chris Carrabba from Dashboard Confessional. I gotta say we were a bit disappointed in his attire but then again, he's old (older than us even)! My favorite thing he said when he was explaining a song "I was sitting in my bedroom, oh no wait, I was a grown up so I had a living room at this point."

Still he should have looked like this and not be shopping at Eddie Bauer for gigs!


We didn't take many pics - this is the best one we got!
We had tons-o-fun even though the concert itself was "underwhelming" (Ryan's word) and it defnitely beat the evenings original plans!

2 comments:

Ashlii Brooke said...

Man - I SO wish we could have been there. I love my "Chris's" Can't wait to see you Sunday. xx

Krissy said...

Rockin! Good job for being spontaneous!