Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Legen...hope your not lactose intolerant...dary

Dylan really got into Ryan's birthday last week. He is still telling him happy birthday every day. The day of his birthday Dylan was INSISTENT that it was also my birthday and when I corrected him he would argue vehemently. I loved it! Even today I was on a work call and Dylan came over and said "Hi daddy" and started singing Happy Birthday into the phone. Luckily the guy I was talking to also has a toddler and thought it was pretty funny!


On the big day we decorated with "alloons", the banner Dylan chose and the card he made. Then we made numma french toast.

I had planned a surprise dinner with Ryan's family but of course it didn't work out as a surprise! Ryan was starving and I ran out of excuses as to why he should wait until 7 to eat...Thanks everyone for coming and keeping it on the down low.
Thank goodness Grandpa took pictures because I wasn't very good about that this week! Of course they are all of Dylan, we all saw enough of Ryan in this post - or did we???


Everyone was so thoughtful with gifts! We got him a new belt buckle and watch, his mom and dad got him a beautiful copy of Farewell to Arms, Kristi got him the running stuff mentioned before and Mike got him some of his favorite shows and a very funny card.

Saturday the celebrations continued with my family at SDRC and dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was so much fun and really yummy! Again spoiled he got one of his favorite films Orange County, an Apple gift card and the book "Roanoke" which is right up his alley.

(where was my camera??)

My mom took Dylan home while we went to Guster that night.

I know you are thinking "I'm exhausted already!" but that's not all, not even close!

Here comes the tasty icing...

Sunday we had dinner at Madsens. It was so much fun, I have serious withdrawals without you guys, it's not pretty! We did our Christmas and Ashlii and Ryan's birthdays, watched the Golden Globes and played this awesome new game they got us called Dixit - check it out! It's hard (for some of us!) but really unique and fun.

Sophie and Rubie have a special place in my heart, Ryan and I both love these girls! And every time I see them I love them even more. Especially with Dylan. Sophie is so good at playing with these little ones and Rubie and Dylan are absolutely in love, as god intended. They were hugging and holding hands all night without us directing them at all. Granted we betrothed them in utero but since then they have made this choice all on their own.


Thanks to all for the fantastically legendary week! I love that I get all the benefits of Ryan's big day too.

No comments: