Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Italy Fever

It's nothing like the Swine Flu but you should be informed... Symptoms manifest themselves in yearnings for cobblestone pathways, meandering through hidden alleys, gawking before ancient architecture, feasting on classical art, overdosing on gelato and gnocchi, reveling in the sounds of a busy piazza and rapidly spoken Italian, idling on the edge of fountain or in a lush park, pursuing paths of influential leaders, artists and thinkers… the list goes on. The treatment is quite pricey and once you have it you're sure to see it resurface every 15 months or so. The only cure? A visit to Italy, or for me specifically, Rome!

I don't know if any of you have been afflicted with something similar but this is no joke! When you visit a place that truly speaks to you, it gets into your skin and creates a craving, desire, absolute need to visit routinely. Italy, Hawaii and San Diego are such places for me. I know my plight is a difficult one! (sarcasm intended)

I have recently been looking at pictures from our last couple of visits and it only increases the severity of my symptoms. This may be irresponsible but it’s quite contagious and I am afraid you are likely about to catch it…


4 comments:

Jill said...

Those are some awesome pictures Beth.

Marge said...

My younger sister is in Rome right now on study abroad through her college (art school RISD in Rhode Island). She will be there 6 months total and she just got back from 'spring break' to Athens, Greece, Santorini, etc. She is really enjoying it. I so totally wanted to go (our family is Italian) but I got pregnant instead. Keep up the cravings - it just means you'll go again and take Dylan!!

Krissy said...

I LOVE ROME! Way to go Beth! Now I'm totally craving Italy too! You suck! Hawaii and San Diego sound great too! I totally have the travel bug itch - but for now, I'm going to have to Seattle for Idaho! ~~~ Oops, I meant to say settle ~ (Yeah, I love that place too!)

Can't wait to go get some delicious gelato with you! ;)

The Busby Family said...

Love the pictures, I totally want to go. We need to meet you guys there sometime. If you want to go next fall/winter you could meet Kelly, he wants to do something fun while I am in Utah.