Saturday, May 2, 2009

San Diego

Last week I left Dylan overnight for the first time and it was hard - I missed the little guy so much!! Fortunately I was in San Diego (for work), one of my favorite places, which eased being away from him... to some extent. I was only gone from Monday to Wednesday but made sure to take advantage of my short visit. For those of you who don't know I lived in La Jolla the summer after high school, working as an intern at the Birch Aquarium. I taught kids summer camp classes, it was incredible and I always love going back. Fortunately I had a few hours each evening to visit some of my favorite places.

The Lovely La Jolla Shores


Seals at La Jolla Cove - we used to take the kids here all the time!

Wind and Sea Beach - I lived just a couple of blocks from this beach, it's very rocky at high tide. I took a picture of myself haha :D

4 comments:

OUR Coop said...

What a fun get away. I also love san diego. Chad and I went there on our honeymoon! Leaving the little ones for the first time is always hard. Sounds like you did awesome!

Marge said...

the writing in the sand, be it sappy and all, is very cute. way to go hot momma leaving the babe behind. you are such an awesome lady.

Jill said...

That place is seriously so beautiful. I wish I could have gone with you! :)

The Busby Family said...

How fun to go back to the beach, too bad you had to go for work and Dylan and Ryan couldn't come. I love these pictures. WE really need to go to the beach sometime.