Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Last weekend was chock full o' family fun!

On Friday night my mom, sister, Dylan and I went to Heber to visit my Grandparents and take them to dinner for Mother's Day. It was really fun to have Dylan play with them, they hadn't seen him since November, I know we should go up more often... Grandma had fun making Dylan giggle, the video is priceless, and letting him try new foods. He even liked pickles!








Sunday we spent the morning doing what we do best on Sunday morning...being lazy! We went to Ryan's parents house around 1230 and I made ebelskivers (Danish pancakes that are delicious, round and sometimes stuffed!) for everyone so we could have a nice brunch outside. It was a beautiful day and Jim took all the pictures so I will have to get them and post later.

When Ryan went to work (sad) around 230 Dylan and I went home to setup for my family dinner. We had a Japanese feast, I mean really SO MUCH DELICIOUS FOOD! Mom made stir fry veggies, Curtis made homemade gyoza and I set up everything for sushi. I even made perfect rice, I swear it's beginners luck and will never happen again! Curtis and I had fun trying different "recipies" although he went a bit heavy on the spicy sauce (sriracha) for me! I had picked up fresh tuna and crab at Aqaurius in SLC, with the time change they actually get it from Hawaii the same day it is caught, amazing! My mom, Anna and Brittany got a bit adventerous (for them) and enjoyed the rolls with veggies and/or crab. I love thinly sliced lemon on my sushi, if you haven't tried it you are missing out.



Lots of camera issues...sorry!

No comments: