Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sushi Master Mama

Ok not so much the master part but I am learning! Ryan and Dylan got me the most fantastic Mother's Day gift, sushi class at Sur La Table and sushi making supplies. I LOVED IT! The class was amazing. Sur La Table has a very nice teaching kitchen and a VERY well educated head chef, not to mention this class is full service! There were 8 students and they served you tea, coffee, latte's, whatever you wanted while we waited for class to start. The teacher, Chef Kyle, talked about how to make perfect rice (it's truly an art), select fish, sushi history, etc. for about 30 minutes before we started hands-on. We spent an hour or so trying different tools, techniques and ingredient combo's. When we finished we had a quick break and came back to a full meal! They had edamame, homemade miso soup and all of our spectacular sushi... it was a feast! I got more practice Sunday when my family came out...more on that later. Here are a couple of pictures, thanks again Ryan I had so much fun!


2 comments:

Marge said...

AWESOME PRESENT! Looks like you'll be the MASTER before you know it. can't wait to try your spring roll. does that mean you'll be making sushi for the retreat????

Stephanie said...

I love sushi! We'll let you practice on us anytime.